AUSTIN — Texans for Dan Branch announced that HOSPAC, the political arm of the Texas Hospital Association, which represents more than 85 percent of the state’s hospitals and health care systems and employs some 369,000 health care professionals, has endorsed Dan Branch for Texas Attorney General in 2014. Founded in 1930, the Texas Hospital Association is the leadership organization and principal advocate for the state’s hospitals and health care systems.
“Dan Branch is a proven fighter,” said John Hawkins, senior vice president of advocacy and public policy for THA. “Texas hospitals excel at delivering the highest quality patient care even as they experience numerous financing and reimbursement challenges. Dan Branch will work with Texas hospitals to champion their successes and develop solutions to their challenges.”
“As the son of a physician, I know firsthand how valuable hospitals are in delivering care to Texans statewide,” said Dan Branch. “I am grateful for the HOSPAC endorsement and the support of health care professionals across the state.”
The Texas Hospital Association HOSPAC joins a growing list of leading conservatives, law enforcement and grassroots organizations endorsing Dan Branch for Attorney General. Since announcing his candidacy for Texas Attorney General, Dan Branch has received the endorsement of:
- Four former Texas Supreme Court Justices, including a former U.S. Attorney General and a former Chief Justice;
- Ten former top legal advisers to Attorney General Greg Abbott;
- 13 legal and campaign advisers to U.S. Senator Ted Cruz;
- Eight conservative former U.S. Supreme Court clerks;
- Federalist Society leaders across Texas;
- Leading law enforcement officers, including the Texas Department of Public Safety Officers Association PAC;
- The Texas Farm Bureau AGFUND, representing 580,000 member-families;
- The Texas Medical Association TEXPAC, representing over 50,000 physicians, medical students and family members;
- The Texas Association of Builders HOMEPAC, representing over 10,000 members;
- The Texas Apartment Association, representing over 10,000 members;
- A majority of the Texas House Republican Caucus, including the Tea Party Caucus Chairman;
- Over 125 leaders and members of the Texas Federation of Republican Women, and
- Over 30 Young Republican Federation leaders and grassroots activists across Texas.
A lifelong Republican, Dan Branch has worked on behalf of numerous conservative efforts, including the successful presidential and gubernatorial campaigns of George W. Bush, and working as a member of the successful Florida recount legal team, and helping to direct the successful Texas Reagan/Bush re-election victory, and served as an aide to U.S. Senator John Tower.
As a top rated attorney and accomplished lawmaker, Dan Branch has a proven track record of fighting for Texas and getting results. For the last decade, Dan has served in the Texas House, where he has helped balance six budgets without raising taxes, championed innovative reforms to reduce frivolous lawsuits and improve higher education. He has successfully sponsored laws defending our religious liberties and property rights from intrusions by the federal government and authored landmark constitutional amendments to reduce Texas government and make it more transparent. Dan lives in Dallas with his wife, Stacey, and is the father of their five children.