AUSTIN – The Texas Forestry Association announced their support of Dan Branch for Texas Attorney General in 2014 through their Forestry Political Action Committee. The Texas Forestry Association is a 100-year old association representing more than 3,000 members who create tens of thousands of jobs through growing, managing, harvesting and processing Texas’ forest resources.
“Dan Branch has worked to strengthen the state’s budget without raising taxes,” said Texas Forestry Association Executive Director Ron Hufford. “This is huge for forest landowners and we are pleased to support him for State Attorney General.”
“The Texas Forestry Association is a leading voice for thousands of Texans, in East Texas and across the state,” said Dan Branch. “For a century, the Texas Forestry Association has been a strong advocate for private property rights and our state’s forest resources. As the next Attorney General, I will continue to stand up for private property rights and ensure due process for all Texans.”
“As a successful attorney, Branch has the experience for the office of Attorney General and we feel he will fight to protect Texas from the overreaching authority of the federal government,” Hufford said. “We are confident that he will be a strong advocate for the State of Texas.”
The Texas Forestry Association FORPAC joins a growing list of leading conservatives, law enforcement and grassroots organizations endorsing Dan Branch for Attorney General. Since announcing his candidacy for Texas Attorney General, Dan Branch has received the endorsement of:
- Four former Texas Supreme Court Justices, including a former U.S. Attorney General and a former Chief Justice;
- Ten former top legal advisers to Attorney General Greg Abbott;
- 13 legal and campaign advisers to U.S. Senator Ted Cruz;
- Eight conservative former U.S. Supreme Court clerks;
- Federalist Society leaders across Texas;
- Leading law enforcement officers, including the Texas Department of Public Safety Officers Association PAC;
- The Texas Farm Bureau AGFUND, representing 580,000 member-families;
- The Texas Hospital Association HOSPAC, representing over 369,000 healthcare professionals;
- The Texas Medical Association TEXPAC, representing over 50,000 physicians, medical students and family members;
- The Texas Association of Builders HOMEPAC, representing over 10,000 members;
- The Texas Apartment Association, representing over 10,000 members;
- A majority of the Texas House Republican Caucus, including the Tea Party Caucus Chairman;
- Over 125 leaders and members of the Texas Federation of Republican Women, and
- Over 30 Young Republican Federation leaders and grassroots activists across Texas.
A lifelong Republican, Dan Branch has worked on behalf of numerous conservative efforts, including the successful presidential and gubernatorial campaigns of George W. Bush, and working as a member of the successful Florida recount legal team, and helping to direct the successful Texas Reagan/Bush re-election victory, and served as an aide to U.S. Senator John Tower.
As a top rated attorney and accomplished lawmaker, Dan Branch has a proven track record of fighting for Texas and getting results. For the last decade, Dan has served in the Texas House, where he has helped balance six budgets without raising taxes, championed innovative reforms to reduce frivolous lawsuits and improve higher education. He has successfully sponsored laws defending our religious liberties and property rights from intrusions by the federal government and authored landmark constitutional amendments to reduce Texas government and make it more transparent. Dan lives in Dallas with his wife, Stacey, and is the father of their five children.