Today, the Lubbock Professional Police Association (LPPA) endorsed Dan Branch for Texas Attorney General. The Lubbock Professional Police Association represents over 300 police officers and their families.
“Dan Branch is the most qualified candidate to be our next Texas Attorney General,” LPPA President Steven Bergen said. “As an accomplished conservative legislator who has a record of being tough on crime, Dan Branch understands the needs of West Texans and West Texas law enforcement.”
“The men and women of the Lubbock Police are leaders in the law enforcement community,” Dan Branch said. “I am honored and grateful to have the Lubbock Professional Police Association join the thousands of rank and file law enforcement officers across Texas who support my candidacy for Attorney General.”
The Lubbock Professional Police Association joins a growing list of leading lawyers and law enforcement groups endorsing Dan Branch for Attorney General, including:
- Texas Department of Public Safety Officers Association PAC, representing over 3,700 law enforcement officers;
- Texas Municipal Police Association, representing over 20,000 law enforcement officers;
- Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas, CLEAT, representing over 18,500 law enforcement professionals;
- Dallas Police Association, representing over 4,000 law enforcement officers;
- San Antonio Police Officers Association, representing over 2,000 officers and their families;
- Four former Texas Supreme Court Justices, including a former U.S. Attorney General and a former Chief Justice;
- Two former Texas Court of Appeals Justices;
- Ten former top legal advisers to Attorney General Greg Abbott;
- Thirteen legal and campaign advisers to U.S. Senator Ted Cruz;
- Eight conservative former U.S. Supreme Court clerks and
- Federalist Society leaders, State Bar leaders and leading attorneys across Texas
A lifelong Republican, Dan Branch has worked on behalf of numerous conservative causes, including serving as an adviser to George W. Bush’s presidential and gubernatorial campaigns, an attorney on the Florida recount legal team, a leader of the Reagan/Bush re-election effort in Texas and an aide to U.S. Senator John Tower.
As a top rated attorney with more than three decades of experience, Dan Branch has risen to the highest levels of the legal profession, serving as a judicial clerk and attorney for the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court, practicing with some of the most respected lawyers in Texas, starting his own law firm and helping to build one of Texas’ largest law firms.
An accomplished lawmaker, Dan Branch has a proven record of fighting for Texas, getting results and making a difference. For the last decade, Dan has served in the Texas House of Representatives where he has helped balance six budgets, cut taxes and championed innovative reforms to reduce frivolous lawsuits and improve higher education. He successfully sponsored laws defending the religious liberties and property rights of Texans from an overreaching federal government and authored landmark constitutional amendments to reduce the size of Texas government and make state government more transparent.
As Attorney General, Dan Branch will stand up to an overreaching federal government, fight for open government and preserve limited government here in Texas.
Dan lives with his wife, Stacey, in Dallas and is the father of their five children.